West Leonard Church was established in 1889 by recent immigrants from the Netherlands. These Christians were heirs of the Reformation in Europe. At the heart of the Reformed Christian heritage is testing all we do and believe by the Bible.
In 1908 the original wooden church building burned to the ground. The following summer the current sanctuary was completed, featuring boulders from the Grand River and put in place by horse teams. In the past fifteen years the facility has been extended to include a classroom and youth wing, along with staff offices and an elevator. Today the church continues a 120 year history of proclaiming and living out the good news of Jesus Christ.